1. Michael Dent
2. Michael Dent and Jacky Connolly
3. Image Indexing and Retrieval
4. I am interested in this topic because I do not have experience in
indexing and retrieving images. I am curious to learn how images are
organized, how they differ from other materials, and what standards are applied to them.
5. Jörgensen, C. (2003). Image retrieval: Theory and research. Lanham, Md: Scarecrow Press.
Benois-Pineau, J., Precioso, F., & Cord, M. (2012). Visual indexing and retrieval. New York, NY: Springer.
Vicario, E. (1998). Image description and retrieval. New York: Plenum Press.
6. Based on my preliminary research, I have chosen to focus on what
distinguishes the indexing and retrieving of images from other types of
library materials. The project will explore what is unique about image
databases, indexing, retrieval methods and cataloging. We will set out to answer the question: are there distinct cataloging standards, databases, and do different classification methods apply